MessageUpdate.com Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- What is the cost?
- Who pays for this service?
- Can I subscribe more than once?
- Is there a limit to the number of subscribers on a list?
- Can I change the group(s) I selected during initial subscription at a later date?
- Can I change my email address or cell/pager number?
- How come I'm not receiving messages anymore, or just sometimes?
What is the cost?There is an initial setup fee and an annual fee. The cost is based on how many different groups there will be within the list, how many members in the organization, and how many logins will be required.
Who pays for this service?The organization. The cost is free to subscribers!
Can I subscribe more than once?Yes. Each username must be unique, but you can subscribe with multiple usernames so messages can be sent to an email address, cell phone, and pager if desired. * You may have the option to enter an email address and a phone/pager number at the same time.*
Is there a limit to the number of subscribers on a list?No. There is no limit (for practical purposes), but each organization should have an idea of the total number of potential subscribers. This will help in determining the configuration and for billing.
Can I change the group(s) I selected during initial subscription at a later date?Yes. In fact, for schools, one example you may wish to change groups during the year for different athletic seasons.
Can I change my email address or cell/pager number?Yes, you can change your email address or cell/pager number as often as you like.* Below are the steps required.
To change where you wish to receive messages:
2. Click on "Login"
3. Select the organization
4. Login using your username and password
5. Click "Edit Account"
6. Check the box next to the item(s) you want to keep or change*
7. Triple-click or highlight your current email address or phone number*
8. Enter the new email address or phone number you wish to use*
9. Select phone/pager provider*
10. Click "Edit Account"
11. A message on the screen should say "username, your account has been successfully updated." (where username is your actual username), and you should get an update message
12. Click "Home"
To verify the change:
2A. If the information shown is correct, click "Home"
2B. If the information is incorrect, click "Edit Account" then start at step 6 in "To change the email address you wish to receive messages:"
When complete, you may logout.
How come I'm not receiving messages anymore, or just sometimes?There are several reasons you may not receive messages.
- You changed phone, pager, or email provider but didn't update your account.
- Your inbox is full.
- You didn't complete the subscription process. (Login in with password sent to you.)
- You didn't subscribe to the group messages were sent to.
- Your pager was off when the message was sent.
Your phone/pager has poor reception/interference at your current location.
- Message may be delayed up to 72 hours.
- Message may not be delivered at all.
- You phone, pager, or email address was removed from the database due to too many bounces (non-delivery messages) from your provider.
Help With Interference:
A cellphone is subject to interference from other electronic devices.
For optimum reception, phones/pagers should be kept at least 3 feet away from anything with a microprocessor or computer chip.
This includes anything digital like alarm clocks, other phones, remote controls, computers, cameras, MP3 players, PDAs, microwave ovens, etc.
If you can, try to move your phone to a different location.
You may also wish to visit the Errors Page to see if your phone, pager, or email address is listed. There are possible corrections given to resume delivery of messages.
* NOTE: All options are not available to all subscribers based on each organizations preferences and features purchased.